Brothersoft Editor Eraser is an advanced security tool (for Windows), which allows you to completely remove sensitive data from your hard drive by overwriting it several times with carefully selected patterns. Works with Windows 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 2003 Server and DOS.
Eraser is Free software and its source code is released under GNU General Public License- Works with Windows 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows Server 2003 and DOS. It works with any drive including IDE, SCSI and RAID, and CD-RW's.
- Uses the Guttmann (Default), Pseudorandom Data and US DoD 5220-22.M methods.- Erases Files and Folders.
- Erases Files/Folders that were only previously 'deleted'.
- Erases all hard drives using 'Darik's Boot and Nuke' method.
- Erases Index.dat on Reboot- Erases Encrypted Files and Drives.
- Erases FreeSpace on 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP and DOS.
- Erases contents of the Recycle Bin.
- Erases Compressed Files and Drives.
- Erases Network Files, Floppy Disks, CD-RW, DVD-RAM, DVD-RW.
- Erases Windows Temporary Files.
- Erases Internet Cookies.
- Erases Paging (swap) file.
- Erases Internet Cache.
- Appears as an 'Erase' option on the Context Menu of Windows Explorer and Recycle Bin.
- Comes with an Eraser Scheduler that allows you to create user-defined tasks.
- Defeats File Recovery software applications Hardware tools.
- Supports FAT32 and NTFS Files Systems.
- Eraser is easy to use and comes with a dedicated support network.
OS: Windows Vista, 2003, XP, 2000, 98, Me, NT, CE