Screenshots of Tracks Eraser Pro (Full Size)
Schedule Tracks Eraser Pro
Why You Need Tracks Eraser
Did you know ?
Your computer tracks your activities, and saves the information to the hard drive, tracks including :
- The websites you have visited - web pages, pictures, movies, videos, and cookies, etc..
- The Windows Run history, recent documents, temporary files, and open/save dialog box, etc.
- Applications like Office, RealOne Player, Windows Media Player, QuickTime, and Winzip also log where you have been.
Your web browser's built-in privacy functions will not protect you as much information can not be removed manually.
Traces that store on your computer
- Location Bar History : the websites you visited - Windows will not remove them
- Cookie : Websites place small text files on your browser to keep track of your on-line activity. Cookies are really useful when you want a website to auto-sign you into a registration process. These cookies are used to track you through the site. With Tracks Eraser , you can select which cookies you want to erase and which to keep.
Cache (Temporary Internet Files ) & History : Your browser saves visited web pages, and their images, to your hard drive whether you clicked on them or didn't. This is to save you from having to re-download the information on your next visit. It also means that a lot of data is being saved to your hard drive. Anyone who uses your computer can discover your browsing habits.
- Autocomplete Memory : Internet Explorer stores a record of nearly everything that you type into any web-site form : keywords typed into a search engine, your personal information- your name and address, and more.
- Index.dat : index.dat contains sites visited and the index of cookies which can not be erased manually. Even if you clean up your cache, cookies, and history from within the Internet Explorer browser , the index.dat files can not be erased and will continue to store information about what web sites you have visited and what cookies have been saved.
- IE Plug-Ins : They provide functions that the browser can not. Some chat rooms and games may use plug-ins to accomplish special functions
- Recent Documents : This lists the most recent 15 documents that you have accessed. Any of them can be opened by clicking on the document's name.
- Windows Search History : Windows saves these files so that when you want to do searches, you don't need to re-enter the information. This lets others know what you have been searching.
- Start Menu Run History : Windows stores these programs in the Start ->Run box. so that you don't have to re-enter the information, but it allows others to know what you searched.
- Windows Temp. files : Windows saves them to a folder. You should clean it regularly to remove traces of your computer activity.
- Open/Save History Windows records files opened and files saved, in the registry. Every time you open or save a file, it displays a list of files accessed, and is available to others.
- Office Recent Documents : Other than Recent Documents above, the Office Recent Documents file stores recently-accessed office files - Word, Excel, and Powerpoint, etc. - in the system registry. They are not deleted when you delete Recent Documents.
- RealPlayer Playlist : RealPlayer saves the Internet location and video / sound files in the registry for others to see.
- Windows Media Player Playlist : Same as for RealPlayer, above.
Other Applications : Most applications and programs store recently- accessed files and history data. To prevent others seeing them, you can erase them with Tracks Eraser Pro's free plug-ins. ..
With one click , Tracks Eraser can automatically erase all the above tracks !
pass : indowebster.com